My family moved to Dardanelle, Arkansas when I was 4 years old and the year after I began playing golf there at the Bay Ridge Boat and Golf Club. At 13, I won my first club tournament at Fredericksburg and, funnily enough, the Golf Club banned juniors from open club competitions after that. I turned professional in 1987 and in the same year I won my first competition, the Missouri Open. I traveled the world to play golf, and won tournaments on web.com, PGA, European, Asian, Sunshine, Champions tours. I keep playing now and still enjoy doing it.
- Place and date of birth: Carmichael, California. April 28, 1966
- Where do you live now? Clearwater, Florida
- At what age did you start your discipline? At a very young age, I was 5 years old.
- What are the reasons for having chosen it? Well, I enjoyed competition and competing
- What is your main objective in your sports career? Enjoy the sport and win championships!
- What is your main objective in your personal life? Live life to its fullest
- Why do you choose us as a partner? It's the first time I’ve been able to wear sunglasses on the golf course and be able to read the greens and perform and see better.
- What do you like the most in our products? The great lenses, adapted to any light condition, and I also like the Bollé team!
- Do you have a particular habit, a ritual before a competition? Put on Bollé glasses!
- What is your favorite competition spot? I can say Crooked Stick Golf Club, where I won my first Major Championship title.
- What is your best memory in your career? There are many good memories… maybe when I won The Open Championship, back in 1995, in the playoff with Costantino Rocca.
- Where is your favorite place to relax? My RV!
- Do you have a motto? Grip it & Rip it